Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update on Jake

The news from the neurosurgeon was good and bad. We learned that the lesion had not changed like the radiologist in Flagstaff had told us. However, the doctor said that it doesn't mean the
lesion shouldn't come out. It is very close to the area of the brain that gives Jake control over his right arm and leg. Surgery would likely result in weakness in his arm and leg. But, if we wait to see if it bleeds again, the bleed would probably cause the weakness as well. This is very frustrating news because we feel it is a catch 22. The doctor said if we had 100 neurosurgeons in a room 50 would say take it out and 50 would say leave it. So the question is what do We say?? It is difficult to have the onus of the decision on us because I don't know how I will feel if I decide wrong.
So, we decided to wait 6 months and get another scan. In the meantime we are praying for guidance and that God continues to hold Jake safely in his arms.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers~that a sign in the 'right' direction comes your way.