Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparation

Stirring the stuffing
Blood Orange Soda in a Fancy Glass!
Will REALLY liked the cranberry sauce!

John, the ever faithful tast tester!

I think the cat had too much fun
Boys can iron too!
Maybe even better than Mom!

Since we have to be in Phoenix this week, I had to get a head start on our Thanksgiving feast. We have been cleaning, decorating, ironing table cloths and of course, cooking!!!
Some of my favorite Thanksgiving memories are from my childhood when my mom, my Aunt Betty, and my sisters would make Portuguese stuffing. They always had sooo much fun!! Aunt Betty would sit at the kitchen table and chop up the giblets (and whatever parts are inside the turkey!) and my mom and sisters would season the stuffing and fry it in butter. I, of course, loved to be the taster! I have always tried to keep this tradition going and even though my family is not always together on Thanksgiving, there is usually at least one of my favorite women to make stuffing with. Last year my best friend and I made a crazy mishmash of her mom's recipe and Aunt Betty's stuffing. It turned out fabulous because it was full of love. But this year I was very sad since I was by myself. What to do? I decided to get my boys into the act. We all had something delicious and bubbly to drink, we played lots of fun music, we danced, we laughed and we made stuffing. It wasn't quite the same, but we had a good time. Hopefully, this can become a treasured Thanksgiving memory for them too!

2 comments:

Anita Matejka Photography said...

You're such a good mom! It looks like a good time! Wish I could sit there and watch you cook :) LOL!

therowleys said...

I wish we were there this year, we will be thinking of all of you!