Yesterday Sam went to Phoenix for his recheck and to have his staples out. Because he is still having a lot of headaches they put in an order for another scan--we don't know when that will be yet.
But this morning, both Jake and Sam had appointments for physicals. Jake had not been feeling well yesterday; he was running a bit of a fever so I assumed he just had a bug. However, when the doctor examined him she found that his uvula (the hanging thing in the back of his throat) was shifted to one side. This is a sign of a problem with the cranial nerve. We were sent to the hospital for a stat CT which showed he does have a significant new bleed. Our doctor felt we should go by ambulance to Phoenix, but after talking to the neurosurgeon in Phoenix, they concluded that Jake was stable enough to wait until his next office hours which are Tuesday. At that time he will decide if this lesion must be removed. Of course, if anything changes with his symptoms he said to drive straight to the Phoenix Children's ER. So please keep us in your prayers...two brain surgeries in a month might just be pushing our limits. I ask that you especially pray for peace and strength for Jake. He is old enough now, and has seen enough because of Sam, to be very worried.