Friday, May 15, 2009

Hanauma Bay


We have no pictures of us today because all the excitement happened underwater. John, Beth, Jake and I had a great time snorkeling at this nature preserve. We did have an underwater camera, but I have to get those pictures developed. We saw every kind of tropical fish you could imagine. From enormous fish to tiny fish. From parrot fish to puffer fish and even the Hawaii state fish the Humu humu nuku nuku apua`a. Say that three times fast! But the best part was the sea turtles. Jake, Beth and I all snorkeled with sea turtles. It was amazing to watch them and swim along side them. This was the most peaceful experience I have ever had, just swimming through the water marveling at the beauty of the underwater world. I can't wait to get back!
Sam and Will stayed on shore. Sam says he is more of a land guy. He used the fish id card and was able to walk through the water and spot many of them. He was totally satisfied.

1 comment:

Anita Matejka Photography said...

Ahhhhhh, seriously, isn't that the most beautiful place? I loved snorkeling there! I'm so glad you guys had fun! Serious jealousy going on here ... serious!!! ;)