Friday, June 12, 2009

Gratitude

Last week we took some time to slow down; to get outside in this beautiful world and let nature renew our souls. We took a bike ride in the woods and had a picnic in the meadow, where the boys could run and play, until their hearts were content. Sam spent the time picking wildflowers for one lucky mom. And I am so grateful; grateful for all the crazy boys that fill my home with noise; grateful for being pushed outside my comfort zone to do things my boys enjoy, like hiking, riding bikes, finding bugs in the dirt, and learning that I really like them too! I'm grateful for a husband who on a moments notice throws four bikes and a baby carrier onto the back of a car and finds the best trails and picnic spots. I am grateful for these days that slow us down, that make us take notice of how wonderful life really is.



No comments: