Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stuffing Day!

In case anyone may have forgotten from last year, Stuffing Making Day is my FAVORITE day of the year! When I was little all the women got together on the night before Thanksgiving and made my godmother's Portuguese stuffing. I remember those days full of cooking, laughing and togetherness and my heart is full. Last year was the first year that I had no female family members to make stuffing with, so I enlisted the help of my men. It was so successful that we did it again this year and they were tons of help! The big news is that for the first time we did not make Aunt Betty's Portuguese Stuffing, instead we made this recipe http://http//thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/stuffing_dressing_my_favorite_thanksgiving_food/
and boy is it delicious! I feel like I am betraying my godmother, but I 'm going to have to say, it's the best stuffing ever! Can't wait to eat it on Turkey Day! Sam chops the rosemary
Jake chops the onions and celery
Will has his first sip of sparkling cider...yum!

Two little turkeys browning the onions

What a goofy boy!
John made Sam laugh so hard he blew his sparkling cider out his nose!

This is where we post our blessings as we think of them throughout November.
It is good to be reminded of how abundant they are.
Bedtime stories read by big brother. What could be sweeter?

No comments: